It is important to know how to perform first aid to heart attack so you can help patients shortly after the attack occurred.
Heart attack is one of the highest causes of death worldwide. Most of the deaths due to lack of medical help shortly after the attack occurred. That is why it is important to know how the first treatment in people with a suspected heart attack.
Keep in mind, every second after a heart attack is very valuable, and so we need quick action. Here’s how to perform first aid to heart attack, quoted by the Times of India.
5 First Aid To Heart Attack
1. Do not leave people who have just suffered a heart attack and do not give anything by mouth is the first rule of first aid to heart attack. If the patient is awake and feeling a little better, immediately take them to the nearest hospital as quickly as possible. So far, there is no household medicines for heart attack. During the trip, keep their position to lie still, loosen his clothing, and make haste to the hospital.
2. Give one aspirin tablet to be chewed before swallowing, or place a Sorbitrate tablet under his tongue is the next step of first air to heart attack. However, if he is sweating that signifies a decrease in blood pressure, do not give any of this medicine. You can also give a spoonful of sugar under the tongue as often as possible. But do not give sweet drinks to the patient.
3. If the patient felt shortness of breath, lift the body part and ask him to cough occasionally. This is the third step of first aid to heart attack.
4. If the patient is unconscious and unresponsive, perform CPR (cardio pulmonary resuscitation) as first aid to heart attack. Apply pressure on the chest and perform artificial respiration from mouth to mouth.
4. Do not depend only on first aid to heart attack, attain immediately to the nearest hospital that has facilities for advanced cardiac care or ICU.
5. Do not go to an outpatient clinic or ambulatory care clinic when you do the first aid to heart attack. You should immediately go to the emergency unit and let the patient get treatment from experts. Generally, doctors will give a drug that reduces blood clots or directly perform angiography and primary angioplasty. Angiography and primary angioplasty provide ideal results in the first 90 minutes after a heart attack. That’s why it is important for you to bring the heart attack patient immediately to the hospital.
5 Signs of Unhealthy Heart