There are bunch of rumors about the effect of sugar consumption, here we will share some information about excessive sugar consumption. According to Nancy Appleton, Ph.D., author of the book Lick The Sugar Habits, there are different effects of excessive consumption of sugar in your metabolism system and overall health. You may already know some of them, such as increasing the risk of diabetes and leads to obesity. Here are the other effect of sugar to your health:
1. Sugar can suppress the immune system and damage the body’s defense against infectious diseases.
2. Disrupt the relationship of minerals in the body, so that there is a deficiency of chromium and copper. Also inhibits the absorption of calcium and magnesium.
3. Increases adrenaline quickly, increase hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and irritability.
4. Increases LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides, and lower HDL (good) cholesterol level.
5. Lowering the body’s function and tissue elasticity.
6. Weaken eyesight.
7. Cause many problems with digestion.
8. Cause premature aging.
9. Damage the teeth and gums.
10. Sugar is a nutritious food for cancer cells (breast, ovarian, prostate, pancreas, lungs, etc.).
11. Trigger autoimmune diseases, such as arthritis, various types of sclerosis, etc..
12. Sugar can fertilize the fungus Candida albicans.
13. Sugar can cause urinary tract stones, appendicitis, hemorrhoids, and varicose veins.
14. Lower levels of vitamin E in the body.
15. Cause eczema in children.
16. Damage the pancreas, kidney, and liver.
17. Cause hormonal imbalances (estrogen in men and worsen premenstrual syndrome).
18. Increase free radicals and oxidative stress.
19. Damage the structure of DNA.
20. Cause headaches, including migraines, and others.
The only way to avoid diseases caused by the sugar that is of course by reducing the consumption of sugar. But table sugar is not the only thing you have to watch out because there are many foods that contain hidden sugars. Read about this on Beware, This Foods Contains Hidden Sugar