Many people are afraid to eat red meat for health reasons. In fact, if processed correctly and not excessive consumption of red meat is safe for health. In fact, meat is an excellent source of protein. The protein contained in meat has the essential amino acids. Keep in mind also that the amount of protein in the diet is an important measure for the quality of the diet. Besides that, meat also contains iron, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and niacin.
There are several types of meat and its nutrition that are commonly used in almost all parts of the world.
Chicken is a delicious choice as an alternative red meat. The health benefits of chicken meat include:
1. A rich source of protein. In 100 gm of chicken had contained 60 percent of the daily value for protein adequacy.
2. High in niacin (vitamin B3) and vitamin B6. Niacin is important to maintain healthy skin and nervous system. Niacin and vitamin B6 are also necessary in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins in the body.
3. Very good source of minerals and selenium. Selenium is an essential component of several metabolic pathways, including thyroid hormone metabolism, antioxidant defense system, and immunity.
4. Can be served in a variety of dishes.
But chicken also have health risk. Eating too much fried chicken can increase the risk of acute coronary syndromes, significantly increased cholesterol, and increase the risk of heart attack. Limit yourself to eat the chicken, at least twice a week.
Fish, such as salmon, tuna, and sardines are very nutritious food and an incredible addition to your healthy diet. Advantage of fish include:
1. Contains high quality protein with adequate amounts of all essential amino acids, and low in fat.
2. Rich in essential fatty acids omega-3 that provide protection against heart disease and brain.
3. Fish oil is one of the few natural food sources of vitamin D.
Health risk of fish are: Recently discovered mercury in some fish species of cold water. High levels are found in large fish that usually eat small fish. Mercury can damage the developing brain.
This is the kind of red meat consumed in various parts of the world. Health benefits of goat meat are: Rich in high-quality protein and iron. Goat meat consumption will also increase the absorption of nonheme iron from plant foods. Goat meat is also rich in zinc.
While the minus of goat meat are: High cholesterol content and has no fiber. Meat that has been produced commercially also contain antibiotics, hormones, and toxins.
Beef is considered the most popular choice of all red meat. Health benefits of beef are:
1. Lean beef contains 60 percent of the adequacy of the daily value for protein in just 100 grams.
2. Sources of vitamin B12 and vitamin B6 sources. Vitamin B12 is found only in animal products and is essential for cell metabolism, maintaining a healthy nervous system and red blood cell production in the body.
3. Lean beef contains zinc six times higher than in other meats. Zinc helps prevent damage to the walls of blood vessels that contribute to the narrowing of blood vessels.
4. A good source of iron, selenium, and phosphorus.
The minus of beef are:: Beef contains high saturated fat and is thought to increase cancer risk. Beef that is not cooked properly can also invite disease. For the best selection, choose a free organic beef hormones and antibiotics. Also choose lean meats section. If you end up needing chemotherapy to treat cancer, study this page on chemo side effects.
Pork meat is also very popular type of meat in the world. The health benefits of pork are:
1. Pork is very rich in vitamins B6, B12, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin and Pantothenic acid.
2. Pork is a source of iron is easily absorbed than iron from other sources of meats.
3. Pork also have a high mineral content of phosphorus, selenium, sodium, zinc, potassium and copper.
4. The meat is also good for the skin, eyes, nervous system, bone and mental performance.
Health risk of pork are: High in saturated fat content. To reduce the fat, wipe all of the fat. Pork are also high in sodium so it is not recommended for people with high blood pressure (hypertension).