As you know, molluscum contagiosum is easily spreads and infect others. You should do some prevention things to not get this disease.
- Wash your hands to keep your hands clean from spreading the virus.
- Avoid direct contact with the skin lesions.
- Do not share towels with other people, or in simple, don’t let other people use your personal items.
- Cover the papules, especially when you go to somewhere where there’s a possibility others will get the touch with you.
- Avoiding sex can also prevent molluscum virus and other STDs. You can also avoid STDs by having a monogamous sexual relationship with a partner known to be disease-free.
- Male and female condoms cannot fully protect you, as the virus can be on areas not covered by the condom. Nonetheless, condoms should still be used every time the disease status of a sexual partner is unknown. They reduce your chances of getting or spreading STDs. Use them with spermicide with nonoxynol 9.