Pre-eclampsia is a condition where you have high blood pressure while pregnant. The symptoms of this disease is almost same with a regular high blood pressure’s symptoms. But, preeclampsia can cause rapid weight gain and sudden swelling of the hands and face. Severe preeclampsia causes symptoms of organ trouble, such as a very bad headache, trouble seeing and breathing, and so on. It can cause belly pain and decreased urination. Check the following list of preeclampsia symptoms.
1. Swelling of the hands and face/eyes
2. Weight gain, more than 2 pounds per week
3. Headaches that are dull or throbbing and will not go away
4. Abdominal pain, mostly felt on the right side, underneath the ribs. Pain may also be felt in the right shoulder, and can be confused with heartburn, gallbladder pain, a stomach virus, or the baby kicking.
6. Decreased urination
7. Nausea and vomiting
8. Vision changes, temporary loss of vision, sensations of flashing lights, or blurry vision.