As we previously reported, tonsillitis is one of a kind of throat disease. The most common cause of tonsillities is bacterial or viral infection. The herpes simplex virus like: Streptococcus pyogenes (GABHS) and Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), cytomegalovirus, adenovirus, and the measles virus cause most cases of acute pharyngitis and acute tonsillitis. Bacteria cause 15-30 percent of pharyngotonsillitis cases and GABHS are responsible for most of the bacterial tonsillitis.
There are also some causes of Tonsillities:
1. Repeated throat infections.
2. Excessive use of spices, condiments, acrid, pungent and astringent food items.
3. Constant dry, hawking, dog-like cough.
4. Forcible and constant use of voice – often at a high pitch.
5. Chronic Congestion, blockade of nose, when nose is blocked by viscid and tenacious mucus.
6. Excessive eating of toffees, sweets, tamarind, tartaric acid, chewing gum etc.