Lung cancer is a lethal disease, it make you have a difficulty to do your respiratory. You have to know the signs of lung cancer so you should aware yourself and cure it before it gets worst. There are several symptoms and sign that you may find in sufferers.
# A new cough in a smoker or a former smoker should raise concern for lung cancer.
# A cough that does not go away or gets worse over time should be evaluated by a health care provider.
# Coughing up blood (hemoptysis) occurs in a significant number of people who have lung cancer. Any amount of coughed-up blood should cause alarm.
# Chest pain is a symptom in about one fourth of people with lung cancer. The pain is dull, aching, and persistent and may involve other structures surrounding the lung.
# Shortness of breath usually results from a blockage in part of the lung, collection of fluid around the lung (pleural effusion), or the spread of tumor through the lungs.
# Wheezing or hoarseness may signal blockage or inflammation in the lungs that may go along with cancer.
# Repeated respiratory infections, such as bronchitis or pneumonia, can be a sign of lung cancer.
Symptoms of metastatic skin rashes depend on the location and size. About 30-40% of people with lung cancer have some symptoms or signs of metastatic disease.
* Lung cancer most often spreads to the liver, the adrenal glands, the bones, and the brain.
* Metastatic lung cancer in the liver usually does not cause any symptoms, at least at the time of diagnosis.
* Metastatic lung cancer in the adrenal glands also typically causes no symptoms at the time of diagnosis.
* Metastasis to the bones is most common with small cell type cancers but also occurs with other lung cancer types. Lung cancer that has metastasized to the bone causes bone pain, usually in the backbone (vertebrae), the thighbones, and the ribs.
* Lung cancer that spreads to the brain can cause difficulties with vision, weakness on one side of the body, and/or seizures.
Paraneoplastic syndromes are the remote, indirect effects of cancer not related to direct invasion. Symptoms include the following:
1. Clubbing of fingers – The depositing of extra tissue under the nails
2. New bone formation – Along the lower legs or arms
3. Anemia – Low numbers of red blood cells and high calcium level or low sodium level in the blood
4. Other effects – Muscle weakness, skin rashes, and degeneration of the brain
5. Weight loss
7. Low sodium levels