Ginger plant is a perennial creeper which requires a tropical climate with heavy rainfall and a hot dry season for cultivation.It has been revered in Indian and Chinese civilizations for over 5000 years for its powerful health imparting properties. In fact, Indian ginger is said to have the most petent medicinal properties. The health benefits of ginger come from chemicals called volatile oils, specifically gingerols and shogaols, that also give ginger its spicy, pungent taste. Here are some of the health benefits/the virtue of ginger.
1. Ovarian Cancer Treatment. A study conducted at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.
2. Colon Cancer Prevention. Ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
3. Morning Sickness. A review of several studies has concluded that ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness for pregnant women.
4. Motion Sickness Remedy. Ginger has been shown to be effective remedy for teh nausea associated with motion sickness.
5. Diabetes. It is believed to have the health benefit of lowering the cholesterol content of the blood.
6. Heartburn Relief. Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy. It is most often taken in the form of tea for this purpose.
7. Menstrual Cramp Relief. In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in te treatment of menstrual cramps.