Diabetes or diabetes melitus (Sugar Honey Disease) is a set of related disease in which the body cannot regulate the amount of sugar, specifically, glucose in the blood. When a person has diabetes, the pancreas, that nobody could enough insulin to sugar obtained from food absorption. This causes the blood sugar is high because a lot of sugar in foods that can not be well absorbed and burned for energy.
So, can I substitute honey for sugar in my meals? Generally, there’s no advantage to subtituting honey for sugar in a diabetes eating plan. Both honey and sugar will effect your blood sugar level. Honey is sweeter than granulated sugar, so you might use a smaller amount honey for sugar in some recipes. But honey actually has slighty more carbohydrates and more calories per teaspoon than does granulated sugar. Here are some recomended diabetic food that good for the one who have diabetes, food that :
1. Low glycemix index, doesn’t create rapid peaks and troughs in blood glucose levels.
2. Complex High-Fiber Carbohydrates. Fiber is capable of slowing the digestion and absorption of carbohydrate and increasing the sensitivy of tissues to insulin, thereby preventing rises and sugar in blood sugar. Examples: Oats, cereals, legumens, vegetables, fruits, peas, dried beans.
3. Has alpha-liopic acid. That i sa vitamin like antioxidant that enhanches the glucose uptakeand improves diabetes nerves damage of diabetes patient.
4. Omega 3. Protect against the heardening of arteries, such as: cold water fish like salmon, tuna,mackerel.
5. Omega 6 fatty acid. It would protect against the development of diabetes neurophaty. just like Blackcurrant oil, primrose oil, borage oil.
6. Artificial sweeteners. Such as aspartame and saccharine.