Cucumber is a vegetable that belongs to the same family as pumpkins, zucchinis and other squashes. Even though fresh cucumber are mostly composed of water, they still pack a lot of nutrition. It is a very good source of vitamins A, C, folic acid, and silica which is a trace mineral that contributes to the strength of our connective tissue. Connective tissue is what holds our body together. It often helpful for swollen eyes, burns, and dermatitis. There are still many of its benefits, such as :
1. Good for skin. Its raw can help reduce heat and inflammation. And the diuretic, cooling and cleansing property of cucumber makes it good for skin.
2. It can provide relief from heartburn, acid stomach, gastritis and even ulcer. You can enjoy it by making it to be fresh cucumber juice.
3. Helps in kidney and urinary bladder disease. Cucumber is the best natural diuretic known, secreting and promoting the flow of urine.
4. Helpful for high/low blood preassure problem. The potassium that contains in the cucumber is highly useful for both conditions.
5. Helps to digest protein. Erepsin, the enzyme content of cucumber helps to digest protein.
6. Helps prevent splitting of nails of the fingers and toes. It is because cucumber being rich in minerals.
7. Good for diabetic. Those suffering from diabetes have been found to benefit from the consumption of cucumber or cucumber juice.
8. Promote hair growth. Cucumber juice is said to promote hair growth, especially when it is added to the juice of carrot, lettuce and spinach. Cucumber juice is also valuable for helping diseases of the teeth, gums, especially in cases of pyorrhea.
It may also can help the liver disease, pancreatic disease, and so on.. So, its good for your health..