Milk is a part of almost every individuals in the world. As we became older, many of us shucked the idea of drinking milk either because we felt we were too “grown” to have to drink milk, or because we had become conscious of our figures and felt milk would have a detrimental effect on that part of us. Strangely, the analogy here is that if we went through that much trouble to still receive the benefits of milk, we knew that there was something in milk that our bodies were able to utilize. You know, health benefits of milk are much. Include:
1. Good bone health. Milk and dairy products are providers of calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and protein which are all essential for healthy bone growth and development.
2. Smooth skin. The lactic acid present in milk is known to aid in removing the dead skin cells, thereby rejuvenating, nourish and smoothen your skin.
3. Strong immune system. Having milk everyday, will keep our immune system strong.
4. Blood pressure. Consuming 3 portions of milk each day, along with 5 portions of fruits and vegetables as part of a low salt diet can reduce high blood pressure in both adults and children.
5. Cancer. There is considerable evidence to suggest that milk has a protective effect on risk of both colorectal and breast cancer with increase intakes.
6. Dehydration. If we become dehydrated, it can result in poor concentration and memory function and leave you feeling irritable and unwell.
7. Obesity. Studies have shown that consumption of milk and dairy foods as part of a calorie controlled diet is associated with increased weight loss, particularly form the abdomen.
8. Osteoporosis. When you getting older and your bone function is no longer as when you were young, having milk almost everyday will be the best choice for you to protect you to have osteoporosis.
9. Teeth (Dental decay). The amounts of calcium and phosphorous in milk and dairy products are also beneficial for the development and maintenance of healthy teeth.
10. Type 2 diabetes. Similarly a study of men in 2005 found a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes with increased consumption of low fat dairy, interestingly, every extra portion of dairy consumed was associated with increasingly lower risk.
The beneficial health nutrients obtained from milk are mandatory for human body and help in prevention of chronic ailments. The health benefits of milk can be achieved from milk directly or its products also, such as cheese, butter, curd, clarified butter or ghee, dairy whitener, ice cream, cottage cheese, flavored milk, milk sweets etc.