You can cure most headache by home treatment and no need a special attention. Home treatment is useful to reduce the pain and the length of the headache. Other symptoms like fever, nausea, vomiting, muscle ache, and achy muscle that accompanied headache also can be cured by home treatment. Do it as soon as you can. If you should see a doctor, be sure to follow his/her instruction so you won’t overuse your medication which can lead to rebound headache.
For mild headache without other symptoms, you can do:
1. Relax in a quite, dark room
2. Compress your forehead, back of the head, and neck with a cool pad
3. Do not smoke. consuming alcohol, or illegal drugs
4. Take a hot water bottle or heating pad to relax tense muscle. You can also take a hot bath
5. Gently massage your neck and shoulder to reduce muscle tension.
You can also buy over-the-counter medicine:
If your child who got the headache, talk to your doctor about what medicine should be given to them, to avoid getting too much medicine.
If you choose to buy the medication above, always remember this guidance:
1. Carefully read and follow the label
2. Never take more than the recommended dose
3. Don’t take certain medicine if you have an allergic reaction in the past
4. Don’t give aspirin to someone younger than 20
5. If you are pregnant or could be pregnant, don’t take any medicine or consult to your doctor first.
If the headache still appear or followed by other symptoms, it could be a sign of serious illness. Contact your doctor immediately to know the real cause of your headache.