Guavas are excellent sources of vitamin C, and it contains five times the vitamin-C in oranges. You know, vitamin C prevents damage to organs and tissue such as the eyes, heart and arteries. It is a tropical fruit that is like the shape of pear, with green rind and pinkish or white flesh and small seeds. It is an excellent source of a carotenoid called lycopene that has the health benefit of preventing cancer. Also, guava has the health benefit of improving the texture and health of skin because it it is a good source of vitamins A, B, C and the mineral potasium that keep the skin glowing, fresh and wrinkle free. And there are some of others benefit of it.
1. Diarrhea & Dysentery. Guava i svery rich in astringents wich binds up loose bowels in diarrhea. These astringents are alkaline in nature and have disinfectant and anti-bacterial properties, thus help to cure dysentery by inhibiting microbial growth and removing extra mucus from the intestines.
2. Constipation. It is said that single constipation can lead to seventy two types of ailments. It is absolutely true. Every way to your total health goes through proper digestion and more importantly, proper excretion. Guava ensures both of these.
3. Cough & Cold. Guava-leaf is very helpful in relief in cough and and cold by loosening cough, reducing mucus, disinfecting the respiratory tract, throat and lungs and inhibiting microbial activity due to its astringent properties. You can make it for juice.
4. Skin Care. As it said before, guavas can help improve your skin texture and avoid skin problems more than the best of beauty creams or skin toner gels can do.
5. High Blood Pressure. Guava helps reduce cholesterol in blood and prevent it from thickening, thereby maintaining fluidity of blood and reducing blood pressure.
6. Weight Loss. Just have a medium sized guava in the lunch and you will not feel hungry till night. But ironically, it helps gaining weight in lean and thin people. This is probably due to its richness in nutrients, which keeps your metabolism right helping proper absorption of nutrients.
7. Scurvy. Guava can outdo many other fruits, cluding orange and other citrus fruits, when it comes to concentration of vitamin-C, whose deficiency causes scurvy and which is the only remedy to it.
You should also know that there are facts that guava helps control diabetes, protects prostrate, its Lypocene reduces the risk of cancer, the juice of the leaves cures toothache, swollen gums & oral ulcers, heals wounds when applied externally, convulsions, epilepsy, bacterial infections and so on and so forth. So pick up some guavas today and get all their health benefits and savor their delicious taste.