First off, your body needs to have a healthy amount of “good” bacteria in the digestive tract, and many yogurts are made using active, good bacteria. Yes, yogurt’s got power-boosting protein and bone building calcium. It can also help you lose weight and fend off a cold. There’re so many health benefits of yogurt.
1. Yogurt may help prevent osteoporosis. ”Adequate nutrition plays a major role in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis, and the micro nutrients of greatest importance are calcium and vitamin D,” says Jeri Nieves, PhD, MS, director of bone density testing at New York’s Helen Hayes Hospital.
2. Yogurt can give you flat abs. Eat 18 ounces a day and you can drop a jeans size.
3. Loaded with vitamins. One serving is a significant source of potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, iodine, zinc, and vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). Yogurt also contains B12, which maintains red blood cells and helps keep your nervous system functioning properly.
4. Helps you recover faster after work. A cup of yogurt a day can help you recover faster after work.
5. Keeps colds away. A daily serving of yogurt keeps colds away. Dig into four ounces each day and you may find yourself sniffle-free in the months ahead, according to a study at the University of Vienna.
6. Help you smile. Despite in sugar content, yogurt doesn’t cause cavities. People who eat at least two ounces a day have a 60 percent lower risk of acquiring severe periodontal disease than those who skip it. That’s why yogurt can help you smile.
7. High-protein food. Yogurt can be an excellent source of protein, but “one variety may contain more than double the protein of another,” Blatner says.