The mango belongs to the same family as the cashew and pistachio. It is mostly cultivated in tropical regions. Mangoes are so delicious and tempt us to eat as mush as possible, especially in summer times.Mangoes are full packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants and contain like all fruits very few proteins, fats and calories. They are perfect to replenish salts, vitamins and energy after physical exercise. This tasty fruit has a lots of health benefits which many are not aware of. Here are some of its benefits.
1. Cancer Prevention. In a study conducted at the Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, university of Florida, mango juice and methanol extracts were tested for antioxidant and anticancer activity. The results demonstrated that mango juice and methanol extracts of mango juice inhibits the growth cycle of cancer cells.
2. Bleeding. Because of it’s content in vitamin C and Calcium the mango tightens the capillary vessels and prevents order cures bleeding of inner parts.
3. Fever. Paste of Mango roots applied on palms and soles cures fever.
4. Anti-Inflammatory. The Institute of Food Science and Biotechnology in Germany has found that compounds extracted from mango peels have potent anti-inflammatory capabilities.
5. For Kidney Stones. Studies have found lupeol from mangoes and other fruit to be effective in reducing the risk of kidney stone formation.
6. Improves Digestion. Mangoes are very much beneficial for people suffering from acidity and its enzyme helps to relieve indigestion problems.
7. For Diabetes. Mangoes is slowly gaining new acclaim as diabetes fighter. Not only the fruit, its leaf also can fight against diabetes.
8. Treating Acne. Just slice the mango into very thin pieces and keep it on your face for 10 to 15 min and then take bath or wash your face. Use warm water for washing your face.