Headaches are one of the most common pain-related health problems in both children and adults. And it is usually occur along with other minor health problem like sore throat, cold, or sinus. Headache is very disturbing your activities.
There are five types of headache, but the most common headache are 3 below:
1. Tension headache that caused by emotional strain and stress.
2. Cluster headache that affect more men than women
3. Migraine headache
You can read more about the five types of headache here in this article. Finding your headache type is important to know which appropriate treatment to cure it.
Headache can occur because of some common cause, which is:
1. Alcohol, caffeine, or drug
2. Changes in the chemical levels in the body
3. Coughing or sneezing
5. Dental problem, such as teeth grinding
6. Eating or drinking cold foods
7. Emotional stress
8. Exposure from chemicals
11. Lower oxygen level
12. High blood pressure
14. Muscle strain in the neck, upper back, or shoulder
15. Premenstrual syndrome
16. Upper respiratory infections
Headache also can be a sign of serious illness, but the frequency is rare. It is also followed by other symptoms such as vomiting, dizziness, or vision changing. Headache as a sign of serious illness can be occur in these disease:
1. Head injury such as brain injury, fracture of the skull, and brain bleeding
2. Brain tumor
3. Encephalitis (infection in the brain) or meningitis (infection in the membrane surrounding the brain and spinal cord)
5. Aneurysm (a rupture of blood vessel with bleeding in or around the brain)
Read also some information about the headaches that important for you to know on the other page. Including the home treatment to cure your headache.