Ginkgo Biloba comes from the Ginkgo tree, one of the oldest living thing tree species. The Chinese have used Ginkgo for thousands of years for various ailments, such as asthma, lung congestion, and also used it to increase sexual energy, regulate blood flow, and promote general longevity. Ginkgo Biloba is one of the most researched herbs.
Ginkgo Biloba’s Benefits:
1. Depression. Those under the age of fifty may also benefit from ginkgo biloba’s antidepressant effects. So far though, the greatest level of improvement has been noted with older patients.
2. Increase metabolism efficiency. It is also can increases regulates neurotransmitters, and boots oxygenlevels in 20% of the body’s oxygen.
3. Control the cholesterol. Ginkgo may also help control the transformation of cholesterol to plaque associated with the heardening of arteries, and can relax constricted blood vessels.
4. Alzheimer’s & Mental Function. doctors have found antioxidants to help slow the destruction of nerves, it is not a stretch to see ginkgo’s antioxidant properties helping in this area. The disease is also believed to have a connection to decreased blood flow to the brain.
5. Antioxidant properties. As an antioxidant, ginkgo biloba combats free radicals and repairs molecular damage.
6. Impotency. Another use for ginkgo biloba is in the treatment of impotency. The main cause of male impotence is poor circulation and impaired blood flow through the penis, which is often the result of atherosclerosis.
7. Strokes. It’s believed that by preventing blood clots from developing and increasing the blood flow to the brain, ginkgo biloba may help stop strokes from occurring. It’s also believed that the herb inhibits free-radical damage of brain cells after a stroke.
Ginkgo Biloba Side Effects:
1. Ginkgo Biloba can cause some gastroinestinal discomfort and headaches.
2. Should not be used you’re taking anti-depresant drugs known as monoamine oxidase inhibitors(MAOI)-there could be a negative drug interaction.
3. Ginkgo may increase risk of bleeding.
4. Ginkgo Biloba should not be used by pregnant women.
5. Other side effects include headaches, restlessness, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.