You have diarrhea if you have three times a day or more of watery stool. Diarrhea can caused by parasites, bacterial infection, viral infection, medication side effect, or even celiac diseases. You have to stop diarrhea, because if you don’t it will leads you to dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, anemia, low blood pressure, weight loss, and hypoglycernia. There are certain dietary modification that will help to stops diarrhea as suggested by Livestrong.
1. Decrease high fiber intake
Legumes and other high fiber foods produces bulk in your gut and will act as natural laxative. As a result you will produce more gas, bloating, pain, and discomfort. If you have diarrhea avoid eating nuts, whole grain, raw fruits, vegetables.
2. Avoid milk and dairy product
If you have diarrhea, your stomach will hard to digest dairy products. That’s why you need to avoid whole milk, sour cream, and ice cream when having diarrhea.
3. Avoid high fat, fat substitutes, and greasy food
High fat can increase gas, bloating, and irritating your stomach. High fats to avoid when having diarrhea are fried meat, poultry, or fish, and canned or processed meatsuch as hot dogs, sausage, and hams.
4. Avoid foods that worsen diarrhea
– caffeinated beverages: coffee and regular soda. it will stimulate intestinal contraction.
– Alcohol because it may irritate the gut and decrease fluid absorption.
– Sugar such as sorbitol and xylitol are fermented in the intestines and will produce gas and bloating.
– Any beverage or fruit juice that has high sugar level.
– Very hot or very cold foods.
If you want to know how to stop diarrhea, you can try the methods explained in the article above.