You need to maintain the healthy of your skin because you certainly don’t want to look old before the age. And simple and good skin care can keep your skin healthy and radiant forever. You really don’t need special treatment or expensive skin treatment in order to get his. You just need to do it at home and it is particularly cheap.
These are 5 ways of how to keep your skin healthy as Mayo Clinic Staff wrote it.
1. Protect your skin from the sun
This is the most important steps, because sun exposure can causes wrinkles, freckles, age spots, and rough, dry skin. The worst part, it can causes skin cancer.
The complete sun protection is:
– Avoid the sun when the sun ray’s are the strongest. This is between 10 am to 4 pm.
– Wear protective clothing such as long sleeved shirt, long pants, and wide hat.
– Apply generous sunscreen 30 minutes before going out and reapply after 2 hours.
2. Don’t smoke
Smoke is really bad for your skin and your health. It can causes you look older and wrinkles. If you smoke, stop it right now.
3. Treat your skin gently
– Limiting your bath time. because it removes oil from your skin and use warm water.
– Avoid strong soap because it also removes oil. Or choose mild cleanser.
– Shave carefully. Always aply shaving cream and use a clean, sharp razor. Also remember to to shave in direction the hair grows.
– Pat dry after bathing with a towel.
– Moisturize your dry skin or find one that suits your skin type.
4. Eat healthy diet
Eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Research suggest that a diet rich in vitamin C and low in fats and carbohidrates may promote a younger skin look.
5. Manage stress
Stress can make your skin more sensitive and causes acne or other skin problems. So try to find a way to control your stress and do the things that you enjoy. It will also helps to make your mental healthy.